Dear Owners and Guests,
The health and wellbeing of our owners, guests and employees is our top priority. We are closely monitoring Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and following guidelines from these agencies and local health departments.
Hotel de la Monnaie will be closed to owners and guests as of Tuesday, March 24th. We will announce when the Hotel will reopen after there is more certainty of the COVID-19 situation. We will update any changes to our status on our website at hoteldelamonnaie.com and on our owner forum at hdlm.wildapricot.org.
For the safety of our employees and to ensure proper stewardship of the Hotel, we are taking the following steps during this time of uncertainty:
- We will not be accepting new check-ins effective immediately.
- Once our last remaining guests leave on Tuesday, March 24th, we will be making adjustments to the chiller system to save cost and reduce operational oversight.
- Units will be left vacant for five days after checkout which is past the known survival period for COVID-19 in air and on surfaces, before we enter the units for housekeeping.
- We will reduce our on-site staff to a small essential team. This team will rotate their schedules so there is one employee at the Hotel at any time. Their primary responsibility will be to monitor outside cameras and work with law enforcement if there is suspected vandalism.
- Employees have heightened their safety standards, including staying home if they are not feeling well for any reason, and continuously disinfecting high-touch areas in their office.
We also understand our owners and guests require travel flexibility during this time. The following policies will apply:
- Owners for Weeks 10 - 17 (March 6th - April 30th) can reschedule without a fee if they prefer to move their trip. We will continue to monitor the situation and extend the time horizon to be past April 30th if needed.
- For the impacted owners, we will not be able to reschedule your stay until after April 30th, or when there is more certainty to the COVID-19 situation. This is because we are still unsure how many owners will need to be rescheduled and compare that to our availability. If you prefer, you can choose to pay the standard in-house exchange fee now to lock down a future reservation. But please be assured, we will work on a plan to reschedule you without a fee if that is your preference.
- For exchange reservations, please contact the exchange company directly for changes or cancellations.
- If you booked a rental for trips that start before April 30th, you can reschedule or receive a refund without a cancellation fee.
- For any calls regarding reservations, please call us at (504) 608-0115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org rather than the main Hotel number during this time. This number will be directed to employees who can work from home.
We will continue to monitor the situation and update our latest policies on our website at hoteldelamonnaie.com. Thank you, and we hope you and your families all stay safe during this time.
Your Hotel de la Monnaie Family